PSL one of the most successful event organized by the PCB probably the biggest event after the 1996 cricket world cup in Pakistan’s history.
Islamabad United winning the first ever Pakistan Super League after a dominating performance in the final crushing Quetta Gladiators by 6 wickets in front of a full house at Dubai Sports City. These are some interesting facts that we have gathered from this year PSL:
- KP has now lost 3 consecutive finals Ram Slam (SA League) BBL (Australian League) & PSL.
- Andre Russel has now won CPL BPL PSL & IPL.
- Only one century is scored in the PSL by Sherjeel Khan this shows how hard it was to score big against quality bowling.
- Only one 200 plus total was scored in the 1st edition of PSL by Lahore Qalandar that was also chased by Quetta Gladiators.
- Stat Attack: 6344 runs 259 wickets 209 sixes 501 fours.
- Islamabad won 5 consecutive matches to win this first edition of PSL.
- Umar Akmal was the highest scorer of the tournament from a team that didn’t even manage to qualify for the play off’s.
- 55 per cent of Pakistan’s TV-watching public tuning into the tournament at peak times
Yes we know the PSL wasn’t perfect but we are coming again next year and it will be even more exciting. Hats off to the organizers on organizing such a spectacular event on such a short notice.